We express sincere gratitude to our esteemed readers all over the world, Africa in particular, partners and friends who have remained faithful and committed to the success of Business Review Africa magazine.
Business Review Africa magazine has taken a great leap into celebrating and honouring 50 African Trailblazers who are doing amazing things around the continent.
This edition is therefore a special one which we encourage our readers to navigate with keen attention and enjoy the array of inspiring stories and courage of the 50 Trailblazers who dare to make a difference in their fields. We hope you enjoy the read and find their journeys as inspiring as we did.
Remain firm and resolute to the African project—a dream and task that MUST be accomplished.
With love from Business Review Africa magazine family! We wish you a very successful 2023!
Meet Our Trailblazers
PETER GREGORY OBINIGERIA
His Government was the first to do Poverty Mapping in Nigeria, as a guide for the effective implementation of our poverty-alleviation strategies.
WAVEL RAMKALAWANPRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF SEYCHELLES
On 26th October 2020, Mr. Wavel Ramkalawan was sworn in as the President of the Republic of Seychelles.
ROSE CHRISTIANE OSSOUKA RAPONDAVICE PRESIDENT OF GABON
H.E WAMKELE MENEGHANA
DR. BOBBY J. MOROEConsul General of the South Africa High Commission in Lagos Nigeria
Dr. Bobby is currently the consul General of the South Africa High Commission in Lagos, Nigeria.
ALH. DR. ABUBAKAR MUHAMMAD S. BELLO (MNATE )Irrigation and Extension Specialist - NIGERIA
PROF. KITHURE KINDIKIKENYA
At the age of 31 in 2003, he became the youngest and only the second Kenyan to earn a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in the legal profession after the former Cabinet Secretary for Foreign Affairs, the late Dr. Bonaya Godana.
PRINCESS GLORIA AKOBUNDUCHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, AUDA-NEPAD, NIGERIA
PATRICK EPAPHRA NGOWITANZANIA
PAPA YUSUPHA NJIECHAIRMAN & CEO UNIQUE GROUP – THE GAMBIA
Mr. Njie served as the 1st Vice-Chairman of the Sub-Regional ICT employers' organization in West Africa and the 1st President of the Information Technology Association of the Gambia championing the acquisition, facilitation and implementation of Information Communication Technologies in developing countries specially to benefit young people and communities at large.
ALLY EDHA AWADHTANZANIA
NEZHA HAYATCHAIRPERSON AND CEO, MOROCCAN CAPITAL MARKET AUTHORITY
GRACA MACHELChair, Graca Trust - Mozambique
Prof. CHRISTOPHER IRENE IMUMOLENNIGERIA
DR JAMES MWANGIKENYA
DOZY MMOBUOSICEO of Tingo, Inc. nigeria
DR ESPERANCE LUVINDAONAMIBIA
SANDRA CHUKWUDOZIEChief Executive Officer at Salpha Energy NIGERIA
MELISSA BIMEFounder of Infiuss - Cameroon
CONSTANT AYIHOUNOUNBenin Republic
NELLY CHEBOIKENYAN TECH FOUNDER
DESMOND MABUZASouth Africa
BETHLEHEM TILAHUN ALEMUFounder and Executive Director of SoleRebels - Ethiopia
DR GODWIN MADUKAThe Philanthropist, Medical Trail Blazer - NIGERIA/USA
ENGR.DR EGHOSA IGBINOSANIGERIAN Private researcher and entrepreneur
BATHABILE MOREKIPioneer of South African Township Economy
KINGSLEY PAUL UKAEGBUNIGERIA
SOLOMON KING BENGEUGANDA
VUSI THEMBEKWAYOSouth Africa
NABOU FALLFounder of the Nabou Fall Akademy and CEO of Vizeo - COTE D VOIRE
DR. PAPA NDARY NIANGSenegal
- Strategic plan and support for the efficient implementation of emergence strategies in countries and institutions
- Competitiveness studies, improvement of the business environment
- Governance of institutions and public sector
- Operational performance and quality of service in public sector
- Strategic plan, sector/value chain studies and business plans
- Change management and performance management in companies
- Improving competitiveness, value added and export development
- Quality approach with Certifications of Food Products and Management Systems of companies and laboratories (Certification HACCP, IFS, ISO 9001, 14001, 22000, 45001, Accreditation 17025)
- Value market positioning strategy
- Development of IRESSEF in Senegal and SMIT of the CHU of the Fann Hospital in Dakar, two medical structures that have enabled Senegal to face the COVID 19 pandemic brilliantly (support Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, GILEAD)
- Upgrading of the technical platform of 15 medical structures
- Animal Health Strategy for Africa
- Animal Welfare Strategy in Africa
- Strategic Plans for Veterinary Services in ECOWAS and ECCAS countries
- Livestock development policies and advocacy in ECOWAS, CEMAC, MAU and COMESA countries
- Positioning livestock as a pillar of Senegal's growth clusters towards emergence
- Strategy and advocacy for the development of poultry sector in Senegal and several African countries including Rwanda
- Youth employment Strategy for Burkina Faso
- Strategic plan of the Dakar Veterinary School (EISMV) for training African veterinarians in line with future changes on the continent
- Participation in the advent of ECOWAS Regional Centers of Specialization and Regional Centres of Excellence for Agricultural Research in Africa on behalf of CORAF, institution in charge of agricultural research and development in West and Central Africa.
- Food processing strategy for Senegalese agricultural products, with the concept of "Consume Local"
- Organization of producers through the establishment of inter-branch associations in the agro-sylvo-pastoral sectors in Senegal
- Coaching of companies with ISO 22000 certification as for AIR LIQUIDE's carbon dioxide used in African breweries
- Coaching fishing companies with IFS certification in West Africa
- Support for the labelling of food products such as Senegalese Crude Peanut Oil
- Development of biosafety and biosecurity in veterinary laboratories in Africa and support for their accreditations/certifications
- Elaboration of the Regional Programme for the Upgrading and Restructuring of Enterprises in WAEMU Countries (PRMN) for introduction of investment incentives to strengthen their competitiveness and uphold sustainable private sector
- Coaching companies in management with ISO certification throughout Africa
- Coaching of airlines, banks, telecommunications companies with certifications in Quality of service
- Implementation of governance and performance management system for public sector with ISO 9001 Certification (Agencies, Local Authorities, etc.)
- Emerging Equatorial Guinea Plan 2020 (in charge of the Fisheries and Aquaculture sector)
- Strategy and governance of the water and sanitation, hydrocarbons, extractive industries sectors in Burkina Faso, Niger, Congo and Senegal
- Development of the export strategy for 5 Senegalese companies categorized Gold companies in the IT and digital sector
- Management of the partnership process between an IT senegalese company and a bank for the implementation of a Mobile Money solution (AGRICASH for BANQUE AGRICOLE SENEGAL)
- Management of the biogas production project from the rumen content of cattle in slaughterhouses of Dakar (Senegal) with a 75% reduction in energy bills
- Development of the concept of clean cities and companies in line with the requirements of ISO 14001 in the new city of Diamniadio on the outskirts of Dakar (Senegal).